Diffstat (limited to 'docs/xml/faq.xml')
1 files changed, 30 insertions, 12 deletions
diff --git a/docs/xml/faq.xml b/docs/xml/faq.xml
index df80794cd..d0f78b75a 100644
@@ -204,25 +204,43 @@
- Why do the scripts say "/usr/bonsaitools/bin/perl" instead of
- "/usr/bin/perl" or something else?
+ What is <filename>/usr/bonsaitools/bin/perl</filename>?
- Mozilla.org uses /usr/bonsaitools/bin/perl, because originally
- Terry wanted a place to put a version of Perl and other tools
- that was strictly under his control.
- We always recommend that, if possible, you keep the path
- as /usr/bonsaitools/bin/perl, and simply add symlink.
- This will make upgrading
- your Bugzilla much easier in the future.
+ Bugzilla used to have the path to perl on the shebang line set to
+ <filename>/usr/bonsaitools/bin/perl</filename> because when
+ Terry first started writing the code for mozilla.org he needed a
+ version of Perl and other tools that were completely under his
+ control. This location was abandoned for the 2.18 release in favor
+ of the more sensible <filename>/usr/bin/perl</filename>. If you
+ installed an older verion of Bugzilla and created the symlink we
+ suggested, you can remove it now (provided that you don't have
+ anything else, such as Bonsai, using it and you don't intend to
+ reinstall an older version of Bugzilla).
+ <question id="faq-general-perlpath">
+ My perl is not located at <filename>/usr/bin/perl</filename>, is
+ there an easy way to change it everywhere it needs to be changed?
+ Yes, the following bit of perl magic will change all the shebang
+ lines. Be sure to change <filename>/usr/local/bin/perl</filename>
+ to your path to the perl binary.
+perl -pi -e 's@#\!/usr/bin/perl@#\!/usr/local/bin/perl@' *cgi *pl